home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Monday, July 30, 2012

Be Silly


I won't be doing movie reviews here any longer. I contribute movie reviews to Vintage Life Magazine now and since I have a sleeping Movie Review blog, I'll probably resurrect that when I want to talk movies. I will continue to insert 'Style Scores' in the reviews I post there though, and linking them here.

I just wanted to drop a note here about being silly. Too many people (especially childless folk) tend to get way too serious as they age and it makes me sad. Take advantage of opportunities to pull pranks, to color with crayons, to sing off key. Never ever be afraid to lick your plate if no one is looking, to speak with a fake accent at the drive-through, or to wear a paper hat to the grocery store.

The world will not end if you let the grown-up things go for a while.

xoxo
Ashley

7 comments:

Hello Jodi said...

I will be the singular voice of dissent and point out that, even as a child, I was always as serious as a heart attack. I have always despised pranks, never intentionally sang off key, and only enjoyed coloring with crayons when I finally had enough manual dexterity to stay within the lines. It takes all kinds.

SandyS said...

We always like to silly-dance to a hillarious song or one we don't really like XD

The Retro Natural said...

This post is confirmation that I, as a child free adult, am totally doing it right! I colored last week and I'm always happy to lick food (preferably frosting!) off my plate. We should all act like kids, fun, carefree, silly kids, but not bratty ones though lol :)

pumpener said...

I strongly disagree and am very offended by this as i have never wanted children. Anyone i know with kids definately hasnt kept their sense of fun or sillyness, just aged quickly and are tired all the time and some even resentful of their children. this is one part of the reason my boyfriend and I (24) dont want children as what couple with children can claim to sing each other silly songs every day, have our own crazy language & have a makeout bus stop seat engraved with our names on etc. your post should have been "dont worry about what others think, be silly and have fun"

Anonymous said...

i love this pic..simply natural and offcourse silly :) Mon Ami

jewlover2 said...

Jodi, I choose to believe that you are more of silly heart than you give credit for. :)
Retro Natural- good for you! Woot woot! :D

pumpener-really? Well, be 'offended' if you want but a simple 'I disagree' would probably be healthier. :) Be assured that (obviously) your parent friends are not an umbrella example of all parents, just as my single/childless friends may not be. This was an observation based on MY personal experience and you are welcome to your own opinions on the matter. My post is exactly what I intended it to be. Cheers!

Jenn-TheFadedDiary.com said...

I love this advice! We all too easily loose that beautiful child like way of Believing, hoping, dreaming- we become too serious. I'm totally with you- we need to indulge ourselves in those simple pleasures, be more silly, laugh more, and use our imagination more! I think for me that's why I love playing dress up!

Post a Comment