home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Fitness Mountain

Today I did this workout, or at least I tried. There are moves I simply couldn't finish, but I suppose that's what the 'fitness mountain' is all about. From what I understand, you never really are supposed to be able to scale it.



Every December, I sort of take stock of my fitness and how I've managed when it comes to reaching my goals. I rarely have been very successful. I think it's because I don't have a lot of motivation in the cooler months and so when the weather starts to change, so does my workout regularity. I hope to be more consistent now since I've sort of found a 'magic hour' for me. After I drop the boys at school, and before anyone else is really up and active, I force myself to do my workout, even if I have limited time. On the days I have to be at work at 10am, I do a super quick ten to fifteen minute routine. For the days I don't have to be at Dillard's until one, or the days I'm off, I power through a 45 minute blaster. This helps keep me from plateauing, I feel, but it also keeps me working out regularly, which is even more important in my book.

I've also been mostly sticking to workouts I enjoy doing, ones I don't dread. Barre and Pilates are my favorites and I think they're what I need to get me where I want to be physically. But I do try to incorporate a high impact cardio in there every so often to exercise my heart more thoroughly.

Working away from home has been awful for my diet...I tend to eat a lot of junk on the nights I get home later because, who knows why, I feel simply FAMISHED when I work late. Even if I eat dinner, I want 'second dinner' when I get home.
I'm thinking that investing in some low-calorie snacks for those late night cravings will help a lot. I've made a pretty valid success of upping my water intake as well and I'm losing weight, regardless of the late night junk food, because of my increased activity. Who knew that running a makeup counter would be an 'active' profession? I sure didn't.

So that's an update on my fitness routine and progress. I still haven't reached Barbarella status, but I always have that as a goal...heck even when I'm in my eighties, I'll likely wanna be Barbarella
Psychadella.



xxoo,

Ashley

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog in Google few moments ago, and luckily, this is it I was looking for the last weeks, thanks
fitness workout routines

Post a Comment